Or the vertical turtle, or the lead ginger sneetch, whatever you'd like to refer to me as. 33 weeks.
April 21, 2013
April 16, 2013
- Apparently facebook made changes. Who knew. I guess at one point I felt like I needed to air my business on facebook, which made for this funny little list of things about me. I wrote this in 2009. I thought it was funny, specifically the ones that still apply, which is most of them :)
- I think that truly smart people don’t have to constantly display it, and when asked they can make even the least intelligent person feel like Einstein.
- I hate being alone for the weirdest reasons.
- I just bought my first moleskin, and although I am so excited to use it I don’t want to waste the first page with something stupid.
- I blame sorority for my need to sleep with the TV on.
- I pay itunes for the only show I actually have cable for. I am incapable of articulate creativity since moving to Kansas.
- I will have crank out at least 100 books this year. www.asthepageturns.tumblr.com
- I rearrange either my house or classroom every two weeks.
- New pens are like tiny colorful orgasms.
- I could eat bear creek potato soup for every meal.
- I bake every Thursday and give all of it away. Very rarely even tasting it.
- I reorganize by buying new planners, and recolor coding. It helps me.
- All of the things I almost have a degree in are totally useless in the real world but are the most important parts of the real world. Psychology, history, political science, philosophy.
- When I was small my dream was to have my own cash register and microphone.
- It saddens me that manners and common courtesy are dying arts.
- I draw caricatures of people. I boost my own ego by hanging my artwork in my house.
- Some of the best dates I have ever had were walking around wal-mart.
- I think I liked the world better before social networking brought us so close together. At least then there was something else out there.
- The way I pretend the world is, is so much better than status quo.
- Some of my favorite people I hardly talk to anymore.
- The boy I always hoped I would marry met the love of his life this year, and I am happy.
- The sheer fact that I want to get married in Vegas so I can have an amazing party with my girls says something about how I feel about marriage.
- I have downloaded the most music of my life in the last month. Ridiculously satisfying.
- I wear a fleece coat most of the time. Even in my house, under my blankies.
- I want my 20’s to last forever. I want to live with so many different people and just hang, and do stupid things.
- My profession does not define me. It is a part of me but not my entirety.
- I am totally and completely indebted to a variety of people for helping me keep my sanity. You know who you are and I love you each individually for that.
- I have more gingered friends than I have any other hair color.
- Carly, you too are my soulmate. The my little pony said it all. And the fact that I did this blasted thing :)
April 15, 2013
April 11, 2013
April 10, 2013
Does anyone else wonder sometimes if they are insane? Just me? Oh good. As long as I know I suppose that is important.
I can't seem to stop doing stuff. I know mentally that I am doing too much and thus am super tired, however, here I am being pissed that I have to take a class in order to do my practicum, which starts the week before the baby is due. But further, I am trying to decide what other classes I should be registering for so that I can stay on track to graduate on time.
Sometimes I wonder if my current hatred of my job is driving my decision making, knowing that I can't be in a classroom if it is run like this. Or that the expectation is that it is run like this. However, I just can't seem to stop, or to think breathing is a good idea. Summer is supposed to be a vacation right? ( I know all the teachers are laughing at me after that comment)!
I do think that part of my necessity to get involved in school is that I like the fun of learning new things and getting excited about what I have.
April 8, 2013
I would love to be the cute little preggo with the happy go lucky attitude, however this girl has been sick for 22 weeks. And 22 was daily, now at week 28 we have moved to only dry heaving. WHAT A DEAL.
However, I have to tell you something about being pregnant, it is not for the anti-social. People think they should and can comment on you, your size and your ideas for your pregnancy. Daily I get the enlightening discussion of how big I am, names, and whether they can touch my belly.
My bitches with this include:
I don't tell you how fat you are, and even if I am pregnant I don't want to be told how huge I am or am getting. Trust me, I know.
Secondly, I didn't comment on your name, nor do your naming preferences weigh into my decision making. Thanks for your concern however.
Lastly, No, you may not touch me. I didn't let you touch me when I wasn't pregnant, and I certainly don't want you touching me now. I don't have time for that. Nor do I want your grubby paws on me. If I like you enough to let you touch me, you will already know that.
January 31, 2013
January 15, 2013
January 13, 2013
January 7, 2013
I try not to say alot about my job and its ridikulousness....however! Ain't nobody got time for days like today! We spent 8 hours in an inservice today over Thinking Maps...don't get crazy and call them Graphic Organizers, that was so 5 years ago. Don't even think about calling it a Venn Diagram either, because it is a Circle Map or a more advanced Double Bubble Map.
There is a lady that travels the country with three friends, explaining the types of Thinking Maps and how to use them, what a job! However, we spent all morning working on differentiating them, only for her to stop with an hour left of the session and say we should work in our grade level groups. Unfortunately, at this point we had to explain that we didn't actually know what we are teaching. Since as of now, (we have kids Thursday) we have no teacher schedules yet, we have inservices the next two days expecting us to make lesson plans.
Further, I had an assistant basketball coach talk to me about changing the star players grade to passing. Now the kid has a 56, I gave him a 70 last quarter only because he was suspended for fighting right before grades were due. He didn't read any of the books, he plagiarized the last assignment and didn't write any papers. Yet she seemed surprised when I explained that I was not changing his grade. Then she came up later to tell me the two other teachers who failed him didn't want to change either.....I can't imagine why! End rant :) I am going to go drown my preggo sorrows in ice cream!
January 5, 2013
January 3, 2013
November 17, 2012
October 16, 2012
October 4, 2012
September 21, 2012
September 16, 2012
September 13, 2012
September 6, 2012
Isn't it so strange that we are always told to be ourselves, but simultaneously fulfill a bunch of roles that you can't possibly do as yourself? This morning as I droned my way through traffic, and let's be truthful on this I was in a pissy mood, the kid hid from me to not put her shoes on this morning and my coffee wasn't cool enough to drink yet. So, I was pondering this idea of fulfilling very narrow scope in my classroom and still be me. This me that knows it can be successful in the classroom and be successful with students is feeling so limited while simultaneously angered by this idea of my success being labeled based on the success of other people. I don't doubt my students so don't misconstrue the idea, but my success can not be labeled by what other people decide to do. My students who meet me at the great task of learning will achieve what is to be learned, but some will always choose not to make that initiative, why is my success based on both their successes and failures.
September 3, 2012
August 30, 2012
August 26, 2012
August 23, 2012
August 19, 2012
August 18, 2012
August 15, 2012
August 12, 2012
Anyway, I have been to Wal-Mart more than a person with my IQ should, here is what I have learned.
1. You don't need to go to the circus to see the bearded lady.
2. You can find a man by wearing the right outfit at Wal-mart. The right outfit however is based on your own discretion.
3. Someone you don't want to talk to will talk to you, and it is NEVER a Wal-mart employee, because clearly you can't find any of those.
4. ALL of the lesbians in my town work as checkers in WM, and they hit on people as they come through the line.
5. Wal-mart will run out of whatever you need so that after you have made the decision to hate your life and go to WM, you still have to go to another store. Recently they have been out of water, and notebook paper. No shit.
True Blood is on, so I have to go watch the bloody sex fest and hope to stay awake. Don't tell the diet Gods, that this girl is drowning her sorrows in ice cream, so just in case the boat doesn't sink on it's own, I can help it out.
August 9, 2012
August 8, 2012
End rant. Be good to others and don't judge.
August 6, 2012
August 1, 2012
Now that I am done bitching and justifying, I have a couple of things that I am doing differently.