I have survived hump day at school. That's a big deal. The highlights or lowlights dependent on how you look at it :) for the week so far are:
1. Explaining why Cock, cock, cockasia, cockasi, white people have different colored eyes, since black folks only have brown.
2. Learning that Ja-quiz's name is spelled Jacquez.....yup, glad he introduced himself, I woulda butchered that sucker.
3. Having a Mar-Quez, a Markeece, a Marcus, and they are all spelled Marquis.
4. Wondering if I can handle hearing "who you is?" instead of "who are you?" one more time, or if this will be the week I kill a student.
5. Kid: Do you have any lotion?
Kid: What you mean you don't have lotion?
Me: I'm allergic.
Kid: What! How you not get ashy? Black folks be gettin ashy, you don't? Let me see!
Kid comes to look at my arm.
Kid: Yall, she aint lyin, she ain't ashy.
In sappy news, I had a kid who was sleeping and I kept waking him up and told him to stand up since clearly sleeping is not okay and after I woke him up the second time I took his sunglasses which he matches perfectly to his outfit daily. This kid also leaves the tags on his clothes so people know how much he spent. He asked when he got them back and I explained that if he did his work he could get them on the way out of class, and if not, I was going to look SO FLY on the way home from school. He paid attention and participated the rest of the hour, and in the last few minutes of class the kids were chatting and he said, "I'm glad you care, you hard and you mean, but I like you."